If you’re a Pokemon fan, you know that particular Pokemon evolve by trading them with another player or emulator. Unfortunately, dealing with another person is out of the question if you’re playing on an emulator. However, there is a way to evolve these trading Pokemon on an emulator, and that’s by using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer application. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps.
Emulators can be used to play Pokemon games on a computer or mobile device, providing a convenient and cost-effective way to experience classic Pokemon games without owning a physical console or cartridge.
Here are some ways that emulators can be used in Pokemon:
- Playing Classic Pokemon Games: Emulators can be used to play classic Pokemon games, such as Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, on a computer or mobile device. Emulators allow you to play these games without needing a physical Game Boy or Game Boy Advance console, making them a convenient way to experience classic Pokemon games.
- Customizing the Game: Emulators offer various customization options that allow you to modify aspects of the game, such as the wild Pokemon encounters, trainer battles, and even the graphics and sound. You can also use cheat codes and game-enhancement patches to change the game mechanics or make the game easier or more challenging.
- Trading Pokemon: Emulators with Link Cable Emulation capabilities allow you to trade Pokemon between two games, allowing you to evolve Pokemon that require trading to evolve or to obtain version-exclusive Pokemon.
- Recording and Streaming: Emulators offer recording and streaming capabilities, allowing you to capture and share your gameplay footage online. This can be useful for creating Let’s Play videos, streaming live gameplay sessions, or showcasing your Pokemon team or battles.
How to Evolve Trading Pokemon on Emulator?
You can Evolve Trading Pokemon in two ways: using the Pokemon Randomizer Application or Link Cable Emulation.
Evolve Trading Pokemon on Emulator using Randomizer.
The Pokemon Randomizer Application is a program that allows you to modify certain aspects of a Pokemon game, such as wild Pokemon encounters and trainer battles. One of the application’s features is the ability to remove the trading requirement to evolve particular Pokemon.
Here are the steps to evolve by trading Pokemon using the Pokemon Randomizer Application:
- First, download and install the Pokemon Randomizer Application on your computer.
- Then, open the application and select the Pokemon game you want to modify.
- In the “Evolutions” tab, scroll down to the Pokemon that require trading to evolve, and uncheck the box next to “Trade Evolution.”
- Save the changes and start the modified game in your emulator.
- Level up the Pokemon that require trading to evolve, and they will become as if you had traded them.
Step 1: Download the Universal Pokemon Randomizer Application
The first step is to download the Universal Pokemon Randomizer application. The application is available for free on their official website. Make sure to download the appropriate version for your operating system. You don’t have to randomize your ROM for this trick to work.
Step 2: Open your Pokemon ROM in the Application
Once you have the application installed, open your Pokemon ROM in the application. It supports multiple ROM formats, such as .gba, .nds, and .3ds. Select the ROM file you want to modify and click “Open.”
Step 3: Change Impossible Evolutions
After opening the ROM file, you should see an option at the top left corner called “Change Impossible Evolutions.” Click on it to select it. This option is crucial in modifying the trading Pokemon, so please ensure you don’t like any other option unless you want to make additional tweaks.
Step 4: Save Changes
Once you’ve selected “Change Impossible Evolutions,” click on the “Randomize (Save)” button on the right. This process creates a new ROM file with the necessary changes. Once you click the button, a new window will appear, asking you for the file name and location to save the modified ROM file.
Step 5: Load New ROM File into Your Emulator
After saving the changes, navigate to where you saved the modified ROM file. Load it into your emulator, and you should be able to evolve any trading Pokemon.
Evolve Trading Pokemon on Emulator using “Link Cable Emulation.”
To evolve trading Pokemon on an emulator, you must use a “Link Cable Emulation” feature to simulate a physical link cable connection between two Game Boy Advance (GBA) games.
Link Cable Emulation is a feature of GBA emulators that simulates a physical link cable connection between two Pokemon games, allowing you to trade Pokemon without needing another physical console or a second copy of the game.
Here are the steps to evolve trading Pokemon using Link Cable Emulation:
- First, start two emulator instances and load the two GBA games you want to sell Pokemon between.
- In each emulator instance, go to the “Options” or “Settings” menu and look for the “Link” or “Link Cable” options.
- Enable the “Link Cable Emulation” option on both emulators. This will allow you to connect the two games as if they were physically linked.
- In one emulator instance, go to a Pokemon Center and talk to the trade center NPC. Then, choose the Pokemon you want to trade and initiate the trade process.
- In the other emulator instance, do the same thing and choose the Pokemon you want to trade.
- Once the trade is complete, the Pokemon will evolve if they are trade-evolution Pokemon. You can repeat the process if you want to trade the Pokemon back.
Note: Make sure you have a different save file for each emulator instance, or you may lose your progress. Additionally, trading between different generations of Pokemon games may not be possible due to compatibility issues.
Thanks to the Universal Pokemon Randomizer application, evolving trading Pokemon on an emulator has become simple and easy. This process works on the most popular emulators, including Visual Boy Advance, Citra, and DeSmuME. Make sure to follow the steps carefully, and if you have any issues, feel free to contact the community for help. Happy evolving!